3 Fall Simmerpot Recipes – Seasonal Home Scents
by Michelle Czarka on Oct 15, 2023
Also known as stovetop potpourri, Stovetop Simmer Pots are a simple way to bring scents of the season into your home. By filling a pot on your stove with water + common ingredients found in most kitchen pantries, you can create your own delicious simmer pot.
Bonus: if you live in an arid climate, this is a fabulous way to add some moisture to your air.
These are very popular in fall and around the holidays but I love to use them year round with whatever fruits or herbs I have around.
To get you in the fall spirit, here are 3 of my favorite fall stovetop simmer pot recipes.
Do you simmerpot? What are your favorite items to use in them? Tell us in the comments!
Cinnamon + Apple
- 1-2 Cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon
- Apple Peel or slices
- 2-3 Whole or 1 teaspoon ground Cloves
- 2-3 Star Anise
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider
- 1-2 cinnamon stick or 1/2 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 whole or 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- dash of nutmeg
- water to fill pot
—OR Apple cider + 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin pie Spice—
- Peel of 1 lemon or lemon slices
- Peel of 1 orange or orange slices
- 1-2 springs rosemary